Unleashed upon the world of Red Dead Redemption, the Undead Nightmare Pack features an entirely new single-player campaign that follows John Marston as he tries to find a cure for the highly-infectious undead plague spreading across the frontier. In addition to this epic single-player adventure, the Undead Nightmare Pack also features a brand new multiplayer mode in addition to new gameplay mechanics, weapons, undead animals and mythical creatures.
Genre: Action Adventure
Publisher: Rockstar Games
Developer: Rockstar San Diego
Red Dead Redemption,
Release Date: October 27, 2010
Also on: PS3
M for Mature: Blood, Intense Violence, Nudity, Strong Language, Strong Sexual Content, Use of Drugs
The Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare Collection is a collection of three downloadable content (DLC) releases for the open world third-party shooter, Red Dead Redemption on a single PlayStation 3 disc. A stand-alone release, meaning that the original Red Dead Redemption game is not necessary for play, the three DLC bundled here include: the Undead Nightmare Pack, the Liars and Cheats Pack and the Legends and Killers Pack. Together these three contain a new single player adventure featuring John Marston in a zombie-stomping storyline, hours of new gameplay, new multiplayer maps and play modes, new characters, mounts, new hunting opportunities and weapons.
As with many console based action-oriented games, the playing experience of Rockstar Games’ popular, American Wild West based, third-person shooter, Red Dead Redemption, has been supplemented by several downloadable content packs since its mid-2010 release. Players on the PlayStation 3 platform that are connected online have been able to partake of these via the PlayStation Network. Now offline players can do the same with the Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare Collection.
John Marston surrounded by zombies in Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare
The collection consists of three of the five available DLC packs on a single disc — these include the Undead Nightmare Pack, the Liars and Cheats Pack and the Legends and Killers Pack. In addition to adding playable content for owners of the original game, the collection serves as a standalone game release, that allows players who have not purchased the original game to experience the gameworld of Red Dead Redemption for the first time on disc via the new zombie-themed single player adventure built into the Undead Nightmare pack, as well as multiplayer functionality. The other two packs add new weapons, characters, multiplayer options, ridable mounts and more to either the existing game or a standalone play experience built around the content of the Undead Nightmare pack.
Undead Nightmare Pack
* Brand new single player adventure featuring John Marston searching for a cure to the zombie plague
* Completely new gameplay mechanics, weapons, and world design
* New zombie character designs in four different zombie classes
* Graveyard action areas as well as undead and mythical animals to hunt
* New multiplayer modes and characters
* New collectible outfits and challenges
* Adds 8+ hours of additional gameplay
Legends and Killers Pack
* 9 new multiplayer map locations more than doubling the amount of territories in the multiplayer competitive modes
* 8 new multiplayer characters based on characters from Red Dead Revolver
* New projectile weapon: The Tomahawk, with corresponding challenges for single-player and multiplayer
* Adds 5+ hours of additional gameplay
Liars and Cheats Pack
* Stronghold — A new attack and defend competitive multiplayer mode
* Multiplayer horse races with mounted combat
* New multiplayer characters — The heroes and villains of Red Dead Redemption
* Multiplayer versions of Liars Dice and Poker
* A devastatingly destructive new weapon — The Explosive Rifle, with its own new single-player and multiplayer challenges
* New gang hideouts and animal hunting grounds, adding to the world of Free Roam
* Adds 5+ hours of additional gameplay